Good Morning Mumbai
Rajesh Thakare & Troy Vasanth C
Good Morning Mumbai is a student diploma film directed by Rajesh Thakare and Troy Vasanth from the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad. A fine blend of traditional and 3D animation techniques, the film deals with the lack of sanitation facility in the city of Mumbai. The director duo also reflects several urban concerns like overcrowding and contamination in this 13 minute film.
The short film won the Jury Critic award at MIFF (2012), Best Student Film at AYACC China (2011) and was a competition selection at Animamundi Brazil (2011) apart from screening at Animac Spain 2011.
- Raheja School of Art, St Martin road, Bandra(W), Mumbai-400050.
- Govt. Diploma Course in applied art.
2004-2006: Work experience
- As an illustrator in Tata Interactive System (TIS).
- Leela Business Park, Andheri-Kurla Road, Mumbai-400059
2006-2009: Post graduation
- National Institute of Design, Paladi, Ahmedabad-380007
- Animation Film Design (Post Graduate Diploma Program in Design)
- B.Arch: Bachelor of Architecture (2000-2005)
- National Institute of Technology,
Post Graduation: PGDPD
- Animation Film Design (2006-2009)
- National Institute of Design,
- Ahmadabad- 380007
- 2004: Worked as a trainee for six months in C&T Architects, Bangalore.
- 2008: Assisted an Animation workshop at IGNCA (Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts) Delhi.
- 2009: Worked in a 1 minute short commercial project as a 3D animator for Watanabi communications, Dubai.
- 2010: Guided a group of 15 students for an Animation Short film project in Xplora Design skool, Ahmadabad.
- 2010: Composed a 4 minute music track for a design visualization project for DC Designs, Pune.
- 2010: Designed the sound track for a commercial competition project for Girgid studios, Ahmadabad.
- 2010: Conducted an Open elective Workshop for a group of 12 students on basic animation in National Institute of Design, Ahmadabad.